On October 27, 2013 I will be running in the 2013 Rock ‘n’ Roll Los Angeles Half Marathon as a member of Team ASPCA, a national fundraising and marathon training program. I am excited to be participating in the Team ASPCA race and honored to be raising the awareness and the much needed funding to support the ASPCA’s programs.
I am passionate about two things: living a healthy lifestyle and the safety and care of the pet community. I recently lost over 90 pounds and running was an integral part of my success. My family loves animals and, in fact, we have adopted two dogs of our own. By combining these two passions, I hope to make a difference in the lives of our furry friends.
My personal fundraising goal is $2,900.00 and you can help me cross the finish line by either donating products to be raffled off or for me to wear during training and/or at the event or by donating funds to ASPCA via my fundraising site.
How to donate gear/products to my raffle:
Donation of running gear to assist me in fundraising. I am looking to put together a couple of prize packages to raffle off via social media and use the funds towards meeting my fundraising goals. Anything you could spare would be appreciated.
How to donate gear/products to me to wear at the event or training:
Item’s I could use as a runner in the event and for training.
- Running Shoes. (Mild to moderate over pronator size 11).
- Nutrition such as gels, bars, and electrolyte tablets/drinks.
- Running Shorts (size medium)
- Running Socks (size 9-12)
- Hydration backpack (for training in the hot Sacramento sun)
How to make a tax deductible monetary donation:
- Donating online at http://www.teamaspca.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=2414 or
- Writing a check, made payable to the ASPCA and mail to 520 8th Avenue, 7th Floor New York, New York 10018 (Please make sure to include my name in the memo line of the check). or
- Sending a check made payable to ASPCA and mail directly to me at 1605 Ainsworth Ln Lincoln, CA 95648. I can then bundle the check(s) and forward to the ASPCA.
I am active in social media so for your kindness I can spend time tweeting about your products, helping direct folks to your website and Facebook pages and of course giving credit in the raffles and on my blog.
Your donation will help the ASPCA continue to provide local and national leadership in three key areas: caring for pets and pet parents, providing positive outcomes for at-risk animals and serving victims of animal cruelty. The ASPCA is an important organization and I appreciate your help as we fight end animal cruelty, homelessness and neglect.
Thank you in advance for your support of the ASPCA and my efforts to complete the 2013 Rock ‘n’ Roll Los Angeles Half Marathon benefiting the ASPCA.
1605 Ainsworth Ln
Lincoln, CA 95648
- Twitter: @clinton_munkres
- Facebook: Clinton Munkres
- Email: cmunkres[at]hotmail.com
- Blog: thebudgetrunner.wordpress.com